The TTCAN Board of Directors met electronically (ZOOM) on Thursday 7 April 2022. Here are some points of interest from the meeting:
- Julie Forget presented the design for the new TTCAN website, which was very well received by the Board. The design is modern and professional.
- The year-end TTCAN finances are according to budget. The Audited financial statements will be ready for the AGM in June.
- The national Team selection tournament held in Mississauga on 25-27 March 2022 was a success with 92 players entered, 442 matches played on 12 tables with 18 umpires. It was noted that 33% of the players were female, and 34% of the umpires were also female.
- The preliminary stage of the Target Group (Team 28/32) program will launch in Boucherville, QC, with 32 boys and 32 girls U-13 on 22-24 April 2022.
- The method to nominate for TTCAN awards was discussed and a full review will take place to improve the nomination and selection system.
- The Rating Fees to provincial and territorial associations for 2022 will be subsidized same asthe 2021 fees, which means that results, including school tournaments, can be entered into the Ratings without any additional cost.
- It was agreed to celebrate at the 2023 Canadian Championships the 50th Anniversary of the Canadian Junior Team visit to China in 1973.
- The Alberta TTA issue is still not resolved. TTCAN will make a last attempt to resolve this issue amicably after which the matter will be put to the AGM for final decision.
BoD – 7 April 2022