The TTCAN Board of Directors met electronically (ZOOM) on Thursday 17 August 2023. Here are some points of interest from the meeting:
- Decisions made by e-mail voting since the last Board meeting will be included in the Minutes of this meeting to have them on record. These include “Match Default Policy”, Alberta TTA membership status, Chandra Madhosingh Fair Play Award, TTSASK documentation request, etc.
- A complaint was filed by a Board member against a provincial association. The matter was discussed in detail and steps will be taken according to TTCAN’s Bylwas.
- A modified budget (version 3) was approved by the Board in which both income and expense are reduced. It is projected not to have a surplus in the 2023-24 financial year.
- The cancellation of the 2023 Canadian Championships in Hay River due to wildfires was discussed. It was the correct decision by the Organising Committee, supported by the Board, as Hay River and other towns have been evacuated in a state of emergency.
- The President informed the Board members of the deadline (18 August) to confirm standing for election for those who wish to continue to serve on the Board.
- The Board approved the nominations made by the ParaTT Advisory Committee for athletes to the ParaPan Games: Syed Hussein, Ian Kent, Mohammed Mudassar and Peter Isherwood. A wild card spot was requested for Stephanie Chan.
18 August 2023