The Board of Directors met on 8 July 2021 electronically (Zoom). Here are the main points of the meeting:
- The list of elected officials, professional staff, and coaches who completed the “Safety in Sport” online training was reviewed. 35 out of 40 persons have completed the course.
- The Canadian Olympic qualifiers are in a 3-week training camp in Portugal in preparation for the Games.
- The Board approved the advertisement for the new position of “Executive Director” for TTCAN. The position is scheduled to start in October 2021.
- It was decided to improve and enhance the communications with the athletes and provide more timely and detailed information regarding selections as soon as the information is available.
- The Athletes Commission’s election process will start in July and will conclude by the end of August.
- A Coordination Commission to oversee the preparations and implementation of the Canadian Championships was formed.