The TTCAN Board of Directors met on Thursday 9 September 2021 (Zoom). Here are some of the points of interest:
Canadian Championships, Laval
- An overall update of the status of the Canadian Championships was presented by Marles Martins and Adham Sharara. There are over 200 entries from 9 provinces/territories.
- The President will send a reminder letter to all participants regarding government regulations and restrictions related to Covid-19.
- Preliminray groups will be mainly groups of 4, and for the purpose of the National Team selections, playoffs for positions 1 to 8 will be held in all events.
- Keven Lachaine – Umpires & Referees Committee
- Peter Isherwood – ParaTT Committee
- Julia Charbonneau – Veterans Committee
- Thorstem Gohl – Media Committee
- The Board agreed to provide families with more than one child a 15% discount on national team fees or for contribution payments when selected for a national team event (international competitions, selection tournaments, training camps, etc.)
- The Board approved the financial proposal from the Gender Equity & Equality Committee to partially fund 10 projects from across Canada.
- The Board agreed to provide an “Performance Bonus” to Mo Zhang (Women Singles and XD) and Eugene Wang (XD) based on their TYop16 results at the Tokyo Olympic Games. The amount will be decided after consultation with the HP Consultant.