Complete Table Tennis Canada By-Laws can be downloaded here
Code of Conduct
Equity and Access Policy
TTCAN is committed to equity and access, notably for women, persons with a disability,
and Aboriginal peoples. As such, the organization will adopt this principle in a proactive
manner in the development and delivery of its core services, its funding practices, its
employment practices, and its engagement of volunteerism in support of the association.
Therefore, TTCAN will:
• Develop specific programs or projects which target the specific needs of women,
persons with a disability, and Aboriginal peoples;
• Ensure that the principles of equity and access are integrated into all general
programming, hiring and volunteerism
• Monitor the success of these initiatives and initiate improvements if the principles are
• Ensure the recipients of funding engage in the principles of equity and access.
- 2019 Annual General Meeting – Ottawa, ON (June 2019)
Official Languages Policy
This policy applies to the Table Tennis Canada (TTCAN) and its activities.
• Purpose and Principles The Canadian Table Tennis Association recognizes English and French as its official languages and is committed to ensuring that any person who wishes to communicate with the Canadian Table Tennis Association can do so in English or in French. GUIDELINES The purpose of these guidelines is twofold:
• To inform decision-makers that TTCAN is an organization that respects both the English language and the French language. • To guide the decision-making process regarding the use of language.
• Any advertising initiated by Table Tennis Canada (print, radio, video, television) is to be produced in the language appropriate for the type of media and, where possible, available for distribution in English and in French upon request.
2. Forms and contracts
• Forms: Forms created for the TTCAN membership and/or the general public are to be available in English and in French.
• Contracts: Contracts are to be prepared in the language the contracted person prefers. Examples of such contracts are Athlete agreements, Hosting Agreements, Sponsor Agreements, & Team Selection Agreements, etc. 3. Written communications
• Letters: All letters and other forms of written communications received by the TTCAN should be replied to in the originating language (English or French).
• News releases: News releases are to be issued simultaneously in English and in French.
• Publications: Any publication intended for the TTCAN membership or the general public is to be issued simultaneously in English and in French.
• Website: Any information posted on the TTCAN website is to be issued simultaneously in English and in French.
All events and/or functions organized by the TTCAN are to be presented in English and in French.
Exceptional circumstances that would warrant presentation in English only or in French only would relate to events and/or functions directed at a unilingual audience.
TRAVEL POLICY (in effect 2006)
a) by car: $ .35/km*
*If a person (player, coach, official, staff etc.) chooses to drive to a destination rather than fly or take the train, the mileage reimbursement will be capped off at the lowest cost of a flight to the destination. If a carpool is arranged, mileage can be reimbursed in total. However, in this situation, the details need to be sorted out with TTCAN’s Director General or Technical Coordinator before the departure.”
Maintenance, repair and insurance are the responsibility of the owner of the vehicle. Any traffic tickets are the responsibility of the owner of the vehicle. b) by plane: lowest fare available All plane tickets that are to be reimbursed by the CTTA must be reserved through the TTCAN office. Under exceptional
b) by plane: lowest fare available All plane tickets that are to be reimbursed by the CTTA must be reserved through the TTCAN office. Under exceptional circumstances this may be waived and other travel reimbursement may be arranged with the Executive Director and/or the Technical and Program Coordinator
Breakfast: $ 10
Lunch: $ 15
Dinner: $ 25
For TTCAN related travel, hotel reservations should be made through the TTCAN office. TTCAN staff make every attempt to use hotels of reasonable quality offering discounts for sport related travel.